Full Stack Developer
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Full-Stack Developer. A full-stack developer is primarily tasked with developing and extending our Ruby on Rails-based services. We want people who are disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into project that will be used on a daily basis by our customer base, as well as internal employees. Our server side applications play a variety of roles, from reporting to process administration, to high-volume delivery of configuration information essential to the proper functioning of our client-side scripts, themselves responsible for delivering ads to millions of users each day. Serious applicants must be ready to undertake primary responsibility for multiple subsystems within these applications, and to work closely with other team members to continuously expand the capabilities of those systems.
While Ruby on Rails is the most important piece of the puzzle, this is a full-stack position, so it’s also important that you are comfortable with front-end technologies, the fundamentals of communication with third parties, and core database principles.
This position requires full-time employment; availability at our main office in Boca Raton, FL is preferred, but remote work is a possibility.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code, usually utilizing the Rails framework.
- Develop user-facing elements that are a primary input to our RoR applications.
- Integrate data from external sources, gathered both via API and from email-based reports.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Participate in architecture and refactoring work.
- Intermediate knowledge of Ruby on Rails with a strong understanding of Rails fundamentals.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and how they can applied to Ruby and Rails.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience working with APIs, both integrating a third-party API and creating your own when necessary.
- Experience using SQL and SQL databases, going beyond interactions managed via ActiveRecord.
- An understanding of source control, particularly git and Github.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience with digital ad servers, SSPs, or ad exchanges.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, particularly RDS and S3.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- Experience with video for the web, particularly HTML5 video.
- A basic knowledge of CDNs and the role they fill, including edge computing capabilities.
- Experience with digital advertising units, terminology and standards.