Lead QA Engineer
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, Playwire seeks a lead QA engineer to organize and manage the testing of our products in order to achieve consistently-successful deployments of new code. As the lead, you’ll be responsible for defining testing standards and strategies, educating team members throughout the tech department on those strategies, holding developers accountable for delivering code in time for proper testing to take place, identifying areas of risk and both communicating them and developing mitigation plans, and playing a key role in our release processes. You’ll participate in project planning from the outset, making sure test plans and automated test work are properly accounted for in our project plans and that they match up with project requirements. Finally, you’ll provide leadership to other QA team members, mentoring them to become more and more effective in their roles.
We want people who are disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen and used by millions of people. You’ll immediately be an important member of a development team with a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities. This position requires full-time employment; availability at our main office in Boca Raton, FL is preferred, but remote work is a possibility.
- Prior experience leading a team of engineers.
- Proven work experience in software QA.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Strong communications skills, both in working with developers and with non-technical staff.
- Testing experience with mobile applications, CTV applications, edge computing technologies, and/or data pipelines and warehouses.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience with video for the web, particularly HTML5 video.
- Experience with advertising units, terminology and standards, such as VAST and VPAID.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.