Boca Raton, FL 33431
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, Playwire seeks a DevOps Engineer with excellent AWS skills and experience to support our development team in deploying and monitoring scalable, reliable systems. You’ll work hand-in-hand with both developers and senior leadership to make sure we leverage AWS’s services to their fullest potential. You’ll maintain and expand our internal monitoring and alerting capabilities, be an integral part of our deployment processes, and be responsible for security within our stack. This is both an independent and collaborative role: independent, in that you will both identify and drive potential initiatives on your own; collaborative, because this role is focused on enabling our team to create the best technical capabilities possible.
This position requires full-time employment; availability at our main office in Boca Raton, FL is preferred, but remote work is a possibility.
- Advise and support developers on efforts to automate and improve deployment practices.
- Be our AWS expert, keeping up to date with the latest services and features, advising team members on how they might be utilized, and keeping up a comprehensive understanding of the systems we have in place.
- Take primary responsibility for automated monitoring and alerting; control the response schedule for issues, and be the first line of defense when a system problem occurs, escalating as needed.
- Aid in the architecture and deployment of new systems.
- Monitor and tune system performance. Make sure we can and do scale well; recognize potential scaling issues and bring forth solutions when they are observed.
- Own our security practices and make sure our developers are following them properly.
- Own permissions and roles within the AWS stack.
- Provide these functions for those elements of our stack which exist outside AWS as well.
- AWS DevOps Engineer certification.
- At least two years of professional experience in a DevOps or related role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of these AWS services: S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFront, CloudWatch.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern deployment practices and tools.
- AWS Security, Data Analytics, Database, and/or Advanced Networking certifications.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- Experience using AWS’s Athena, Lambda@Edge, and QuickSight services.
- Experience with data warehousing/lakes and “big data” concepts.
- Experience with digital ad servers, SSPs, or ad exchanges.
- Experience with digital advertising units, terminology and standards.