Director, Solutions Engineering
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Director of Solutions Engineering. The Director of Solution Engineering’s goal is a technical leadership role for all of Playwire’s services to our partners. Your role is to lead and direct Playwire’s Solution Engineering team to deliver top-notch services and support. You will be expected to come up with solutions for our largest partners as they arise. You will also be looked at for recommendations for ad layouts, tech optimizations and more. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our Partner Success team.
Local candidates preferred but flexible for remote candidates that have availability to be present in our Boca Raton, FL headquarters regularly or as needed
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing technical role.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Research, identify and develop solutions to technical issues.
- Isolate root causes of issues, separate real technical concerns from those that are misidentified
- Work with Technical Solutions team to determine when a custom solution is needed, and to scope out and deliver that solution.
- Work with the Technology development team to turn promising solutions into fully-supported parts of our core technical product line.
- Use calls, video chat, text chat, email, and support documentation as ways to communicate with internal and external teams
- Maintain and build out our internal and external documentation
- Use data and follow up to confirm successful execution of all efforts
- Participate as needed in onboarding efforts for new customers
- Unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and “lead from the front”.
- Genuine interest in helping others and helping other people succeed, and a passion for growing and coaching team members, with an eye on employee experience and engagement
- Advance experience with HTML5 and CSS3 and HTTP.
- Experience with responsive design and cross-platform scripting for desktop/mobile.
- An understanding of source control, particularly git and Github.
- Experience working directly with customers, accompanied by strong communications skills.
- Knowledge of full stack programmatic advertising solutions (across desktop, mobile, and video, including OTT) is a must
- Knowledge of the overall ad tech landscape and related advertising technologies that allow you to provide feedback and optimizations to the team that drive best in class results for our digital publishers
- Experience with video for the web, particularly HTML5 video.
- Experience with advertising units, terminology and standards, such as VAST and VPAID.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- A background in QA, testing, and/or customer support.