Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a hybrid data and software engineer to extend our data-related software capabilities. You’ll combine traditional software development skills with knowledge of big data pipelining, warehousing, and analysis to support Playwire’s data-centric engineering initiatives. You’ll use those skills to build prediction services, provide cleaned and summarized data suitable for use in customer-facing dashboards, help our analysts discover new insights about our business, monitor our core products and technology, and debug our client-side software, in use across hundreds of millions of page views every day.
Playwire’s services are responsible for delivering ads to sites and apps that depend on our technology and expertise for their ad revenue. Data is central to our latest advances in this regard; if you want to participate in the early expansion of our data-related capabilities, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid-development environment, then talk to us.
Local candidates preferred but flexible for remote candidates that have availability to be present in our Boca Raton, FL headquarters regularly or as needed
- Develop data-centric services and microservices, to be utilized by other applications within our stack.
- Architect and maintain data pipelines, data lakes, and databases, both independently and as part of a data engineering team.
- Design and deploy algorithms best suited for Playwire’s optimization and prediction needs.
- Integrate data from external sources, gathered both via API and from email-based reports.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain data-related code and service quality, organization, and reliability.
- Experience developing software, and knowledge of mature software development practices. Web development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of common data design patterns.
- Experience with data pipelining.
- Experience with Amazon AWS’s data-related services.
- Experience using APIs to access data.
- An understanding of source control, particularly git and Github.
- Comfort with big data principles and management.
- Experience with ETL.
- Knowledge of machine learning principles and technologies.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, and the relationship between data and BI-type instrumentation.
- Experience developing APIs.
- Experience with digital ad servers, SSPs, or ad exchanges.
- Experience with other Amazon AWS services, particularly RDS and S3.
- Experience with digital advertising units, terminology and standards.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- A basic knowledge of CDNs and the role they fill, including edge computing capabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.